Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sound




It starts a high noise, wavering. It's like it's vibrating. The noise is so absolutely irritating and it doesn't sound like it could get worse, but I was wrong. The sound stops vibrating, but it gets louder, higher pitched. It starts to pierce my ears and sense a burning sensation to my already mild headache. It reminds me of a child screaming now, breaking all silence around it, drawing everything to it. Now it's changed again. It sounds like air escaping a small area. Like the sound that pinching and ends of a full balloon and pulling them apart does. It's high, irritating, but oh so fun to make. It changed. Now it's like a high moaning, the only real way to describe it is by saying it sounds like a horn echoing out into the world. Now it stopped. It's silent. My head feels dizzy now. My ears are burning. I can't believe I sat through that... that was annoying.

3 comments:

  1. The description of how annoying it was really drew me in. I almost felt like I was right there with the sound blaring all around me. Even now, the imaginary horn screams faintly in my mind.You described the sound in a very dramatic and impactful way. Every change in tone, every new sound was brought to life in incredible clarity. Plus, it flows so well that reading it is almost exciting. To bring the sound to life more, it might have been good to describe the sounds with more clarity. The feeling of annoyance is portrayed extremely well, but the sound itself is neglected a little. In addition, a few more sentences could have gone a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You described the noise relatively well. The extensive details you provided really helped me hear the noise for myself and I experienced how annoying it must have been. I would suggest that you spell check your work before publishing it. They take away from the picture you were trying to paint as they were very distracting and drew my attention away from your message. Otherwise, overall I feel it was a very detailed description of the sound and your reaction to it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, i thought I was supposed to review Nathan!

    ReplyDelete